I was speaking the other day at a school whose student population is girls only.
As I was informed that it was an year end service as well as a Christmas celebration, I was not hang up on talking about the events around the birth of Christ.
It would sound like an old record. So I spoke to God and the Holy Spirit guided me to a subject that I entitled – THE END TRULY HAS A BEGINNING.
As I prepared, I was led to various scriptures and as I spoke, there was a visitation that was easy to skip but now that I think back to that Sunday, I realise that it was such a profound moment of realisation that more people need to be made aware of.
Jeremiah 1:4 – 10
John 16: 5 – 15 (emphasis on vs. 13-15)
We have seen presidents and kings in nations across the world give different awards to various people. Like when the queen of England knights some individuals and gives them the title of “sir” someone…
Having watched some of those functions, one of the things that happens of significance is the conversation between the individual who is being ordained/ honored etc and the person who is conferring the powers thereof.
Our Father in Heaven tells us in our first reference – “I separated and set you apart, consecrating you; [and] I appointed you“
Now the visitation I had during the talk with the girls is that that separation, setting apart and appointment does not happen in silence! A conversation took place between GOD THE FATHER and every individual HE has set up on this earth. There was a definite conversation in HEAVEN between the Trinity and the individual prior to the individual being conceived in the mother’s womb.
- For me as an inidividual, it means I was present for that conversation
- God being ONE who loves freedom, allowed me the opportunity to decline
- At that time, it may have been too much for me to bear but HE fully equipped me and I saw the great possibilities
- I was not coerced to come into the earth to execute that conversation
- I am not walking the face of the earth as result of an accident / mistake of conception and subsequently an unwanted child
So the girls and myself were amazed at this revelation and the one question that lingered was how one knows the contents of that conversation.
We referenced with the second reference above. Our answer lay in what CHRIST spoke in the sunset moments of HIS life – “HE will take of (receive, draw upon) what is Mine and will reveal (declare, disclose, transmit) it to you.Everything that the Father has is Mine.“
- I had a conversation with GOD before I was even formed in my mother’s womb
- If I am to know the contents of that conversation, I need to be in line with the SPIRIT OF GOD
Benefits of being in line with the SPIRIT OF GOD
- HE is the Spirit of wisdom and understanding, the Spirit of counsel and might, the Spirit of knowledge and of the reverential and obedient fear of the Lord (Isaiah 11:2)
- But the Comforter (Counselor, Helper, Intercessor, Advocate, Strengthener, Standby), the Holy Spirit, Whom the Father will send in My name [in My place, to represent Me and act on My behalf], He will teach you all things. And He will cause you to recall (will remind you of, bring to your remembrance) everything I have told you. (John 14:25-27)
- For if you live according to [the dictates of] the flesh, you will surely die. But if through the power of the [Holy] Spirit you are [habitually] putting to death (making extinct, deadening) the [evil] deeds prompted by the body, you shall [really and genuinely] live forever. For all who are led by the Spirit of God are sons of God. (Romans 8:12-14)
So how do we get in line with the SPIRIT OF GOD
One of the men who spent time with CHRIST as HE walked the earth was called Peter and he records – Repent (change your views and purpose to accept the will of God in your inner selves instead of rejecting it) and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of and release from your sins; and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. For the promise [of the Holy Spirit] is to and for you and your children, and to and for all that are far away, [even] to and for as many as the Lord our God invites and bids to come to Himself.
It is not an easy journey to rediscover that conversation. It takes blood and sweat but it is worth every bit of it.
I have chosen to take that journey, but everyone of my steps is fully guided by the LORD Himself.
Now we have not received the spirit [that belongs to] the world, but the [Holy] Spirit Who is from God, [given to us] that we might realize and comprehend and appreciate the gifts [of divine favor and blessing so freely and lavishly] bestowed on us by God. And we are setting these truths forth in words not taught by human wisdom but taught by the [Holy] Spirit, combining and interpreting spiritual truths with spiritual language [to those who possess the Holy Spirit].
(1 Corinthians 2:12-14)
But it is God Who confirms and makes us steadfast and establishes us [in joint fellowship] with you in Christ, and has consecrated and anointed us [enduing us with the gifts of the Holy Spirit]; [He has also appropriated and acknowledged us as His by] putting His seal upon us and giving us His [Holy] Spirit in our hearts as the security deposit and guarantee [of the fulfillment of His promise].
(2 Corinthians 1:21-23)